The blood and bone marrow transplantation center at Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals, Kolkata, India has performed over 700 transplants with an excellent success rate. Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals, Kolkata, India is also a trusted name in BMT for international patients, as the hospital has not just a highly qualified BMT team, but also very stringent infection control norms which are critical for BMT patients.
- Autologous Transplant (Stem Cells collected from one's own body)
- Hodgkin's & Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma: For relapsed / refractory cases, it is standard therapy and in most such cases, it is the only curative option.
- Myeloma: Although not curative, it is standard treatment as a part of initial therapy, as it prolongs survival substantially.
- Leukemia: Acute Myeloid Leukemia as part of consolidation therapy, to increase chance of cure in this disease.
- Allogenic Transplant (Stem Cells collected from some one else's body)
- Several other genetic disorders, especially with single gene defects
- Aplastic Anemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- High Risk AML & Relapsed AML
- Relapsed ALL (Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia)
- As an option in several advanced or refractory haematological malignancies eg. follicular lymphoma, CLL, myeloma etc
Pediatric Cardiology deals with heart conditions in babies (including unborn babies), children and adolescents. Structural, functional, and rhythm-related problems of the heart are dealt with a high degree of success.
Some of the procedures performed by our Pediatric Cardiac Surgeons include:
- Atrial Septal Defect - A defect between the heart's two upper chambers called the atria.
- Ventricular Septal Defect - A defect between the heart's two lower chambers called the ventricles.
- Coarctation of Aorta - a birth defect that results in the narrowing of part of the aorta (the major artery leading out of the heart).
- Patent Ductus Arteriosus - an abnormal circulation of blood between two of the major arteries of the heart - the aorta and the pulmonary artery.
- Tetralogy of Fallot - a common cause of "blue babies".